The menopause is caused by a change in the balance of the body’s sex hormones.
In the lead up to the menopause (perimenopause) oestrogen levels decrease, which causes the ovaries to stop producing an egg each month (ovulation). Oestrogen is the female sex hormone that regulates a woman’s periods.
The fall in oestrogen also causes both physical and emotional symptoms including:
- hot flushes
- night sweats
- mood swings
- vaginal dryness
Here are 5 prevention tips for dealing with the menopause.
- Remove things that make menopausal symptoms worse: sugar, alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine.
- Eat foods with hormone-balancing phytonutrients: soy, flax seeds, cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, kale and cabbage.
- Exercise daily – try my 12-minute workouts!
- Take a good multivitamin with at least 25-50 mg of vitamin B6; 300-400 mg of magnesium, and 800 IU of vitamin E.
- Practice relaxation techniques daily: yoga, deep breathing, meditation.
I hope those tips will help you. I mean, it makes sense to do these things as a matter of course.
Ps/ To see my 12-minute workouts, go to my YouTube channel – all FREE. Here is the link:
Oh and I also have vitamin supplements if you want good quality ones – all natural. The Vitolize Women is particularly good.
Here is the link: