I know I do.
Days where you just feel tired and want to sleep?
Days where you just want to sit down on the sofa and watch TV while snacking on crisps or chocolate?
Days where you just don’t want to speak to people?
Or is it just me?
Of course you do, we all do. Otherwise life would be perfect!
Exercise is probably the LAST thing on your mind and the LEAST thing you want to do on days like these.
So then, how do we motivate ourselves to exercise? I mean, exercise is crucial – it’s more important than watching TV or snacking on crisps or chocolate, that’s for sure!
But exercise is crucial and do you know why? Take a look at this list:
- Improves your wellbeing (psychologically and physiologically)
- Improves your blood pressure
- Improves your fat oxidation (you burn body fat more efficiently)
- Reduces your risk of cardiovascular heart disease
- Increases your energy levels
- Increases your strength and muscle tone
- Improves your bone density
- Improves your joint mobility
- Increases your resting metabolic rate (you burn more calories daily)
- Improves the functionality of your cardio system (circulation/blood flow)
- Improves your lymph system (eliminating toxins from your body)
- Better skin/nail quality
- Sharpens your eyesight
- Improves your mood
- Better blood glucose control (less risk of diabetes)
- Reduction of severity of comorbidities (improved health)
- You look better in your clothes
- You can keep up with your kids/grandchildren
- Improves your quality of life
- May extend your lifespan (at least you’ll be more active when you get older)
Are you convinced yet?
Would you like to experience any (or all) of those benefits?
I know I do, which is why I have to motivate myself to exercise – do you think it’s easy for me? No, it’s not even though I’m a Fitness Professional. I certainly have days where I just ‘can’t be bothered’ but do you know what makes me exercise?
You guessed it…I just look at that list of benefits above and that is motivation enough.
I know, I know, you don’t have time to exercise – that old chestnut of an excuse. Time? You have 24 hours in a day like EVERYONE ELSE on the planet so how come some people MAKE TIME TO EXERCISE? Plus, my workouts are ONLY 12 minutes!!! It’s true.
Make exercise a priority in your life. Eat, sleep, breathe, EXERCISE! It’s THAT important.
No more excuses.
If you still find it difficult, then speak to me about training where you’ll have someone who you can be accountable to. Someone who makes sure you get off the sofa. Someone who will make you fitter, stronger and happier.