My mother used to say (when I was about 11) that once you reach 18, time flies. At 11, you think that’s rubbish. BUT it’s so true isn’t it?
Obviously there’s nothing we can do about it. We just have to accept the ageing process and live life to the full.
Anyway, back to my point. I will be 47 in 2 weeks BUT a woman in my class recently thought I was only 35 or 36! RESULT!!!
Can you imagine my joy? Maybe she should have gone to Spec Savers eh?! Her eyesight is perfect thanks!
The boost to your self-confidence and the change in mood a comment like that brings is incredible.
Is there anything you can do about how old you look?
I believe there are quite a few things you can do to help yourself, 7 in fact. Obviously this is my opinion but it based on experience and research.
- Eat a wholesome, nutritious diet and NEVER actually ‘go on’ a diet (i.e. counting calories, cutting out carbs etc).
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated – never go thirsty.
- Keep active – this is different to exercising. I mean, try to take 10,000 steps every day and stand up instead of sitting a lot, take the stairs, walk to the shops etc.
- Reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake or better still, leave it out.
- Exercise regularly and effectively.
- Relax, control your stress levels and get enough sleep.
- Set goals for yourself so that you can keep track of all of the above. It will also relax your mind and the goals you achieve will make you feel better.
If you remember my original blog posts, I said I have a 7-Step ‘Fit For Women’ Plan. Well, this forms the basis of that plan. This is what I implement with my personal and group clients. It works.
So, there you have it. 7 steps to a fitter, healthier and YOUNGER you. In fact, people will be coming up to you and saying you look 35 when in fact, you’re 10 years older!
Imagine how you would feel 10 years younger!