These are my personal thoughts of 2013:
1. Never give up hope of meeting your special partner. 2013 has been a year where I met my special partner.
2. Drivers should never text while driving. Life is too precious to risk it.
3. Hand dryers in pubs have improved but you still need to wipe your hands on your jeans.
4. Your family is so important that you should never take any family member for granted.
5. You should never argue about the existence or lack of existence of God as nobody knows either way.
6. Mobile phone batteries need to be developed so they last more than 2 hours.
7. You should openly accept all races, religions and same sex relationships.
8. There should be less reality TV.
9. Live life to the full as you just don’t know what’s in store for you. Making goals helps a lot – just stick to them.
10. Dogs don’t like it when you watch them eat but they certainly like to watch you eat.
11. ‘Eat as much as you like’ buffets should be withdrawn to address the obesity epidemic.
12. You should learn how to cook as eating fresh, nutritious food will improve your health tenfold.
13. Returning to your childhood is sometimes fun especially doing forward rolls and space hopping.
14. There should be greetings cards for the gay community.
15. If you’re nice to 3 people every day, it means in a year, you have made 1095 people smile.
16. Motorway service station food is ridiculously pricey. No need for it.
17. As you get older, you grow hair in places you don’t want hair to grow.
18. Look after your teeth, eyes, ears and nose as your senses are crucial and will help you live healthier when you’re into your 70s and beyond.
19. Exercise for 21 days and it will then become a habit and maintain your muscles, joints, bones and tendons for life.
20. Poaching an egg is actually easy.
21. If you give a woman some Haribo, it seems to bring happiness, joy and peace.
22. Go and see a band from your childhood – you will love it.
23. A walk on the beach is the best walk.
24. You don’t need a ‘special’ month to do something like abstaining from alcohol or going on a diet – do it ANYWAY.
25. Just when you desperately need boxers and socks for Christmas, you don’t get them.
Cheers to 2014.