Well actually, you won’t even find any running here!
I like this quote – you need a bit of humour in your life at times.
As a fitness professional, I have to encourage exercise in people’s lives on a serious level simply because exercise is crucial to good health and leading an active lifestyle.
But we can add some humour too. In fact, if we combine exercise and humour, we have a great combination.
Just like my group classes – I offer effective exercise but I try to offer some humour too. Ok, my jokes can sometimes go down like a lead balloon but I try!
Why make your workouts so serious? Yes, there has to be a serious message in there and you need to do effective exercises that work with your body but let’s have a giggle too.
What I’ve learned over the last few years is that humour in groups can bring about a sense of wellbeing and it gives everyone a lift. People go away feeling great and positive.
You may have seen a recent post from me about the benefits of exercise. If not, here are a few benefits of exercising regularly:
• Improves your wellbeing (psychologically and physiologically)
• Improves your blood pressure
• Improves your fat oxidation (you burn body fat more efficiently)
• Reduces your risk of cardiovascular heart disease
• Increases your energy levels
• Increases your strength and muscle tone
• Improves your bone density
• Improves your joint mobility
• Better skin/nail quality
• Improves your mood
• Better blood glucose control (less risk of diabetes)
• You look better in your clothes
• You can keep up with your kids/grandchildren
• Improves your quality of life
• May extend your lifespan (at least you’ll be more active when you get older)
What a list that is!
Imagine making all those improvements plus having a laugh at the same time!
So let’s not hide from exercise. If you do your workouts at home, get some motivating music on and feel great about exercising.
If you want group fitness, get in touch with me and come along to a local class. My number is 07990 583034.
Exercise plus laughter – the combination that will make you fitter and healthier.