Environmental toxins (exhaust fumes, smoke from factory chimneys, air pollution etc).
The toxins that line canned food products (beans, soups, rice pudding etc).
The pesticides that are sprayed liberally on plant-based foods (your fruit and vegetables).
The chemicals in moisturisers, shampoos, conditioners and many household products.
We’re certainly up against it!
Over time, the build up of these toxins can lead to a wide variety of conditions including joint pain, fatigue, nausea, high or low blood pressure, skin rashes, dizziness, vitamin and mineral deficiencies and many more.
Quite scary when you really think what we’re exposing ourselves to.
So what can we do to limit our exposure to these toxins or better still, is there something we could do every day that would help to combat the constant bombardment on your system?
This unique method will help your body detoxify and it’s really quite a simple process.
The process I’m talking about is called Oil Pulling.
Here’s what to do:
- Oil pulling should be done on an empty stomach (preferably first thing in the morning).
- Use one tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil – you may want to start with ½ tablespoon and work your way up to a tablespoon.
- Swish the oil around in your mouth slowly and be sure that the oil reaches all parts of your mouth – do not swallow.
- Swish for five to ten minutes. Try to work up to twenty minutes if you can.
- Spit out all of the oil when you are done and rinse your mouth with water.
- Brush with a natural toothpaste afterwards.
And that’s it! Do that every day and you should soon see the benefits.
Some positive side effects of oil pulling may include the following [Source: The Alternative Daily]:
• Overall strengthening of teeth, gums and jaw
• Plaque prevention
• Prevention of halitosis (bad breath)
• Prevention of cavities and diseases such as gingivitis
• Prevention of lip, mouth and throat dryness
• Possible remedy for jaw soreness
• Relief of migraine headache
• Hormone imbalance correction
• Inflammation reduction
• Support of normal kidney function
• Relief from sinus congestion
• Relief from eczema
• Improved vision
• Pain reduction
• Aids in detoxification
• Helps with insomnia
A pretty impressive list and this is why you should use coconut oil (specifically, organic virgin coconut oil):
• Antibacterial—stops bacteria that cause gum disease, throat infections, urinary tract infections and ulcers in their tracks
• Anticarcinogenic—keeps dangerous cancer cells from spreading while boosting immunity
• Antifungal—destroys infection-promoting fungus and yeast
• Anti-inflammatory—suppresses inflammation and repairs tissue
• Antimicrobial—inactivates harmful microbes and fights infection
• Antioxidant—protects from free radical damage
• Antiparasitic—can help rid the body of tapeworms and other parasites
• Anti-protozoa—kills protozoan infection in the gut
• Antiviral—helps to kill dangerous viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis and more
Why not give the oil pulling method a try?
I find the best place to buy the coconut oil is Costco or a health food store.
Let me know if you try it.