- 28% of women in the UK are obese (2010) with a further 32% classified as overweight having a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 25.
- Projections indicate 50% of adult women will be obese by 2050.
Having a large amount of tummy fat makes you more likely to develop type 2 diabetes and heart problems. The figures indicate that a large proportion of women could lose years off their lives through increased risk of cancer, coronary heart disease, obesity and stroke.
2. Employee participation in personal and corporate fitness programmes means healthier employees are less likely to call in sick, meaning reduced costs covering for absences. Exercise also improves staff productivity.
3. As business women and owners, you want more sales. Fitter employees think more clearly, achieve more and are more valuable to your business, leading to increased sales.
4. As business women and owners, you want improved profits. Improvements in fitness levels will increase staff morale meaning you are viewed as a better employer. Employees are therefore less likely to switch jobs as your investment in them is better rewarded.
5. The top health-related benefit staff would like to see introduced into their workplace is a Personal Trainer (Norwich Union Healthcare).
6. Many business women and owners have increased their profitability over a short period of time by participating in an exercise programme. Having a fit and healthy body creates a fit and healthy mind.
7. Many business women, who exercise and keep active, go on to make massive change in both their personal lives and business careers.
8. Enrolling in an exercise and nutrition programme will help you to make more money in your business. It will facilitate increased energy levels, helping employees to become more focused and motivated.
9. Introducing a healthy and nutritious eating plan into your business will ensure your employees eat to maintain optimum health, meaning a decreased risk of illness and therefore a healthy workforce.
10. Taking charge of your health and wellbeing today will lead to a very successful business.